MAXI AND FLORAL: A Vintage Floral Outfit

9:08:00 AM


"DRESS CODE: Skirts and dresses that are more than two inches above the knee are not allowed!" 

UGH! That's probably the worst news I've ever heard since I started my practice teaching.  I instantly began to worry coz most of my skirts won't get me past security. And I tell you, I am not planning on buying maxis, jumpsuits and palazzo pants for the remaining two months. So you know what my dilemma is; What am I gonna wear to work?


Then I remembered that I bought a couple of maxi skirts from a thrift shop years ago. Luckily,  I'm such a hoarder when it comes to skirts. The only problem was, I dunno where I dumped 'em. I haven't worn those skirts since.  

So I went through my closet and some old boxes and imagine my joy when I saw this brown vintage maxi skirt. I felt like a kid opening a Christmas present.  It wouldn't fit my chubby built then, and yeah, I still bought it knowing that I might not be able to wear it. Crazy right? 



Buying it was a bit impulsive, but that's me; a crazily impulsive.  I bought the skirt just because it's color makes it look really vintage and it's also floral, which is my favorite print design. Most especially, the price will make your eyes pop and your jaws drop. It costs only 10php! How awesome is that? Ten effin pesos for this stunning piece!!! And here I thought, vintage pieces are supposedly expensive. 

So I was like, 'Heck, I don't care if it won't fit now, it's just 10 pesos anyway. But who knows,  it might fit in the future. '



This is the kind of buy that you can't use yet but it's not pressuring you to work on your figure just so it would fit. Unlike those expensive bodycon dresses which force you to go on a diet. It's expensive so it should fit. This piece is a patient one. It could just sit there and wait for its right time. Good thing I lost some of those excess fats without even working for it. Imagine my surprise when I tried it on and it fits perfectly. 

That's one of the five pieces I pulled out of the box.  And if you think I only raided my own closet, you're dead wrong.  I'm sure my mom won't mind though, coz I found more in her closet. 

Dress code problem solved! 




You Might Also Like