Grandma's Closet | A Must Wear Retro Vintage Outfit

2:03:00 PM



What do you think would you be doing on a blackout in a place where there is no cellular network connection? Does a place like that even exist? Hmm..

 I am currently taking my long awaited staycation in my hometown. Staying in the city can be tiring at times; for me at least. Some of you might really love the city and I do too. I just need a little bit of that calm provincial breeze from time to time. 

Home is a place where there is no cellular connection. We do have internet connection but it's not as fast as what my service provider offers in the city.

Blackouts come as no surprise here in the Philippines. Sometimes it's due to power shortages or a problem with the wirings. So black means no internet plus no signal. How bad can it be?

Well,  it's not always a bad thing. Coz that would mean we get to keep our hands off our phones and other gadgets and interact with the family. 

Today, my sister and I decided to visit our "Lola" (grandmother).Her closet was wide open when we got there and of course, we noticed her wardrobe. My sister immediately had this crazy idea of letting me try my "Lola's" wardrobe just to see how it would look on us. 

Here's how my Lola usually wears it:


She preferred the top two buttons of the blouse opened as it is indeed very hot here. She's very conservative so she doesn't wanna wear any accessories or high heels for that matter. My Lola is a very simple woman. As long as she's wearing a blouse and skirt or a dress when she goes out, she's already good with that. She's really not the type who puts effort on mix and match.

This is my look:


I prefer to close all the buttons on the top so I could wear an orange crew bib necklace. I also wore a peep-toe wedge just because I love heels. *smirk*

Vintage and retro looks have emerged as a new trend that many people love to achieve. And this outfit fits perfectly with that style. It looks classy with a hint of playfulness because of the combination of colors and the top's floral print.


Why not try raiding your grandmom's closet and see what vintage outfit you can try on? I'm sure there's gonna be tons. Lemme see how you wore 'em by pointing me to your blog through the comments below or you can tag me on Instagram (@diaryofacreativechique ) and/or Twitter ( @diaryofacreativechiq ). 

You Might Also Like