Ineludible Summer

7:57:00 PM




Summer is just around the corner. Yay!!! But not everyone is happy about it, unfortunately.  It may come as a surprise to you and you might be like, ' What?  Who on earth hates the vacation season?' But you never know. Wait 'til you live in a country experiencing El Niño, where the scorching heat can squeeze the water out of you 'til your shirt is drenched in sweat. And it sure as hell can dry up any moisture from any surface it touches. Going out and feeling the extreme heat at 31°C is enough to make many Filipinos wish for winter in this equatorial territory. Can you believe people are wishing for summer to end before it has even started? Well, not me.

Given that this country is an archipelago,  we have lots of shorelines that are perfect summer destinations.  A variety of white sand and long beaches to choose from. Any beach bum would hate for summer to end. I may not be an ultimate beach lover but I love summer. It's never about getting a tan. Nope! It's not, coz I already have a dark- toned complexion. So I don’t really enjoy staying under the sun that much. Besides, anyone in the Philippines can get a perfect tan any time of the year. That is why tanning lotions is not a good market here. But whitening creams? That's a different thing. Some people not only want it,  but they think they need it. I might have been on that part of the scale at some point. Wait, have I really gotten over it? Nah! Never mind.


So what makes me love summer? Hmmm… aside from the cool treats that you can buy at almost every corner,  it's the perfect season for me to wear my breezy chiffon dresses. Yeah! I'm always excited to wear them during this hot season.  I'm not saying that I don't ever wear it on different days of the year but I just think, this is it! This is the best time. And that just makes me feel exhilarated that I would try the dresses on and excitedly plan on when to wear it.

Today, I'm wearing a black chiffon dress with red flower prints. The dress has a cream electric pleated lining with a delicate lace at the edge. I added a narrow brown belt with a braided design to make my waist look smaller and to add form to the dress as well. God knows I need it. (cheekiest smile) Coz I want the look to be a bit vintage, I  wore a brown headband with argyle pattern and curled my long hair loosely. I also hooked on a large brown feather on my left ear to add flair to this outfit. And of course, let's not forget the shoes. I chose to wear a pair four-inched brown high-heeled platform with an ankle strap. It made the look sexy, casual, and vintage at the same time. The look a chiffon dress brings out always seem to bring out freshness despite what you have set your look to be. And that's what I love about it. 

You Might Also Like