Quintessentially Dated

7:58:00 PM


I have been fascinated with the nostalgic sense of prim vintage pieces for the longest time. Not just with the refined and reserved-type dresses, but I’m also drawn to those elegant and tasteful stoned pieces of jewelry which are archetypal to the dramatically bulky modern accessories. That has been the reason why, from having stunningly bright and colored outfit collections way back, I slowly shifted to acquiring vintage clothes. I even raided my mom’s chest of drawers where she kept her old clothes. And by saying old, I really mean old in the clothes’ life-span sense of the word. Those are stuff that she had when I wasn’t even around yet. So, those are 28-year-old clothes! Fortunately, my mom is also a fashion aficionado. She usually gives away her old clothes but since we live in a province and not most care about fashion, no one really picked her nice clothes when it’s being given away. Having it locked in a depository and digging in for the first time is like being a 5-year old opening her first gigantic birthday present. 

Sifting through, and trying it on made my mom’s gaze envious of my size. Too bad she can’t wear clothes of these sizes anymore. That’s the price of having three amazing kiddos. (Smirk) She’s actually amazed by how the clothes can still match the modern-age fashion. It's definitely a must-wear and a must-have.
This outfit is one of the few things that I took possession from rummaging my mom’s drawers. It’s a polka dot skort which was approximately an inch below the knee when I acquired it. I then decided to alter it and cut it short, which if I would give my verdict, turned out to be remarkable. I paired it with a cream lace-collared button-up, which added to the vintage feel of the outfit. On my feet are black sneakers with white soles which perfectly gave the outfit a casual impression. This is a great outfit to wear when you’re on the go or just wanna feel laid back.
If you wanna see some of the outfits that I was able to wear my mom’s old clothes, lemme know and I’ll write about it.  





You Might Also Like