Tree of Jars

12:07:00 AM



Hi, lovelies! Hope you had an awesome start on your week. Mine was a bit busy, so I'll just loosen up a bit and share this fantastic way to decorate your space.  If you feel like your house is a bit flat and boring,  well you're not the only one,  I do too. That's why I always find cost-effective ways to spice up the room. And today I'm going to share with you a DIY that can cozy up your area.
Here are the ditsy bits and pieces we need:
  1. 3-bulb parallel circuit
On this project, I used 5-watts transparent bulbs for two reasons. First, lower wattage means lesser electrical consumption and requires thinner wire, thus lesser cost. Second, I want the lights brighter and complement our yellow interior.  Don’t hesitate to use more bulbs though,  I recommend using a minimum of three.  Moreover,  you can use other colors of your preference depending on your room color and the theme that you would like to achieve. Just a heads up though,  colored bulbs can emit a dimmer light compared to transparent ones. You can also use other types of bulb, even bigger ones.  Just make sure you buy the compatible socket and wire size and if you must, you can ask someone from the hardware  to be more acquainted with basic electrical stuff.
2. Twigs.
3. Thin Bamboo
Sadly,  I was forced to use this just because I got nothing else to use as the main stem. Yeah, poor me. But if you have any thin tree trunk or stem available, you can use that. I'm sure it'll look way better. Just make sure it's already dead and dry.
4. Mason Jars

5. Artificial Flowers

I just chose artificial coz I don't want high-maintenance decors like I'm so lazy for that. But you can always use fresh flowers if you like.
6. Colored Covers

This was a last minute change of plan.  I started making this project without covering the lighted jars and I noticed that it looks desolate and plain so I decided to cover those jars. But if you like this version more, you can forget about the covers.

So first, I  assembled the tree using the "not so preferable " thin bamboo as the stem and the twigs as the branches, making sure that its sturdy.
I arranged some flowers on the two mason jars and cover the other three jars.


Then I  hung it on the tree in varying length of string and distance from each other. The length of the wire from one bulb to another should be enough to cover the distance from one jar to the other. So you need to plan the locations of your jars ahead of time. I prefer hanging the jars near the trunk as I noticed that it's stronger than near the ends of the twigs. And the twigs tend to bend downwards if you hang the jars near the end.

 

I added a few more finishing touches like some indoor plants at the bottom of the stem and some vine roots just hanging from the twigs. And there you have it!


It might look difficult but it's honestly not. Here's how it looks up close.






















And I imagine you won't be turning all the lights 24/7, so here's a glimpse of how it looks with the lights off.


I hope you like this project and I'm looking forward to seeing your own version of it. See yah!




You Might Also Like